Building a Connection with Latin America and Caribbean.
Financing Tools Available through the IIC
The IIC seeks to provide financing to companies that do not have access to medium- or long-term financing from the capital or financial markets. The IIC finances expansion projects in all economic sectors (with the exception of arms manufacture and trade, gambling, and real estate speculation). On a limited and selective basis, the IIC finances new (greenfield) projects.
The IIC provides long-term financing through the following
• direct loans
• direct equity or quasi-equity investments
• lines of credit to local financial intermediaries for on-lending in the form of smaller loans
• agency lines with local financial institutions for joint lending
• investments in local and regional private equity funds
• guarantees for, and investments in, capital market offerings
How to Apply for Financing from the IIC
Inter-American Investment Corporation
Italian Development Program
1350 New York Ave, N.W.
Washington, DC 20577
Once the transaction is approved, the terms of IIC's financing are finalized and the legal documents are drafted and signed. The entire process takes four to six months.
Funds are disbursed in accordance with the terms of the loan and/or equity agreement signed between the IIC and the company. The IIC requires quarterly reports on the progress of the project and the company's operations, as well as audited financial statements and other pertinent information.